[NBLUG/talk] XSession-error

Ian Sutherland iansuth at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 1 11:53:30 PDT 2004

I got the "If you did not log out in the last 10 seconds then there is an
installation problem....." or words to that effect with the following error
message;

~/.XSession-error file
/etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: Registering your session with wtmp and utmp

/etc/X11/gdm/PreSession/Default: running: /usr/bin/X11/sessreg -a -w
/var/log/wtmp -u /var/run/utmp -x "/var/gdm/:0.Xservers" -h "" -l ":0"
"isutherl"

I looked in the Default file but did not know what to do.

What have I done now and how can I undo it?

Thanks, Ian

Ian Sutherland
2 Varda Street
Rohnert Park, CA 94928