[NBLUG/talk] Which Distro.

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Wed Jun 9 08:53:12 PDT 2004

The old trolling distro thread......  I'll bite.

Gentoo or Slack   - try something different.

Cutting edge, if you want to go there.... source based ports/package system,
perfectly suited for server or desktop, build/install only what you want,
strong community, steep(er) learning curve ; ), but oh so nice.....

You can't have it all with support and product life, support life and
redhat??? what life?  constant churn.  If you want to hang on the edge you
have to support yourself sometimes as some have found out with FC2.  If you
hang back from the edge with Debian you can bet you won't get bit... as
often.

In the end, distros are all the same, they all have their little quirks, it
just depends on which quirks you want to live with.  There is always
something to complain about......

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com