[NBLUG/talk] Which Distro.

Steve Johnson srj at adnd.com
Wed Jun 9 09:41:55 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:17:29AM -0700, E Frank Ball wrote:
> I'm currently using Debian stable on my server.  I upgraded a few things
> to testing to get some newer features.  The current testing is pretty
> mature, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to run testing, but pin a few
> things like ssh to stable to get quick security fixes for any problems
> found.  I'll probably do that when I upgrade my hardware.

I considered testing, which is what I run at home as my desktop
box, and dev box.. But I also noticed it patches alot, and I have had
things break, granted simple config changes fixed it =) but, its a hassel.

I'm running debian stable on a clients network, and it runs
great, thats the main reason I am leaning towards it.  But, like I
said I had to compile some stuff by hand..  Mainly sendmail.. we
were/are using a spam filter that required a newer version of sendmail for
it to work.  But other than that, it runs like a champ.

My main reason for posting the question was to see what else is out there,
maybe there is an option I don't know about (yet) =)

Thanks for the reply.

-Steve

--
----
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."