[NBLUG/talk] Which Distro.

Dustin Mollo dustin at sonic.net
Wed Jun 9 10:15:51 PDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:42:38AM -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 09:25:56AM -0700, Dustin Mollo wrote:
> > to add on to frank's comment, the nblug server runs testing.
> >
> > -dustin
>
> Cool, and what is your overall opinion?  Maybe testing is the way to go =).

well, i've been happy with the setup.  keep in mind, however, the only
services on the box that i rely on from debian are apache, bind and exim.
for the moment, at least.  of course, the base OS is also a 'service' that i
use.  things pretty much just work.  my only complaint is that i find i need
to run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" often, because things in testing
change rapidly.

for what it's worth, eric did the tweaking of the apt sources file and a few
other apt-related configs on the box, so i'm not 100% sure that the *only*
thing we're using is the testing branch, but i am pretty sure that's what
we've got setup.

eric - would you are to add anything?

-dustin