[NBLUG/talk] Re: HP 5200c scanner, Fedora Core 2, 2.6.5 kernel

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 16 23:05:49 PDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 22:29, Bruce Schadel wrote:
> uhci-hcd sorta matches a module name in the 'hosts' directory
> (uhci-hcd.ko) but usb-uhci hasn't surfaced anywhere else in this thread
> so far. I don't know enough to say if that's significant, but I thought
> it had a piscene aroma.

usb-uhci and uhci-hcd are essentially the same thing.  They have
different names under kernels 2.4 and 2.6 (usb-uhci in 2.4, uhci-hcd in
2.6).

It is possible that what you describe could cause problems with USB
devices that use the UHCI protocol (I'm not really sure), but not the
kind of problems that Dave has described.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Love isn't only blind, it's also deaf, dumb, and stupid.