[NBLUG/talk] Scanner Setup-loading module at startup.

Ian Sutherland iansuth at sbcglobal.net
Thu Mar 4 20:13:01 PST 2004

Thanks Frank and Andrew I got the scanner to work.
How do I get Red Hat 9 to load the module at startup?

"alias scsi_hostadapter sym53c416 in /etc/modules.conf" does not seem to
do it.

Here is the info from cat /proc/scsi/scsi

Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
  Vendor: HP       Model: C2520A           Rev: 3644
  Type:   Processor                        ANSI SCSI revision: 02

And from scanimage -L

device `hp:/dev/sg1' is a Hewlett-Packard C2520A flatbed scanner
device `hp:/dev/scanner' is a Hewlett-Packard C2520A flatbed scanner

Thanks, Ian