[NBLUG/talk] Next Install Fest?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Mar 11 01:03:00 PST 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 12:56:46AM -0800, sms at sonic.net wrote:
> To judge from the evidence, Linux apparently turns ordinary folk into
> people who are both nice & knowlegable.  ;)

What >I< find interesting is to compare/contrast the various LUGs I've
been to to the various PCUG and MacUG meetings I've attended.

LUGs - almost always have well-advertised discussion lists for
  both banter and technical queries

OtherUGs - only a few admitted to having mailing lists, and that was after
  asking

LUGs - seem to attract a wide age range

OtherUGs - I swear, I'm the youngest person there most of the time,
  and usually by at least a decade. ;^)

LUGs - don't really like Microsoft

OtherUGs - don't really like Microsoft, either ;^)

LUGs - often active in their communities, with other events, classes, etc.

OtherUGs - typically only do their monthly meeting, though I've seen some
  with countless active SIGs that also meet on their own schedule

-bill!