[NBLUG/talk] Shredding files via Konqueror

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 17 16:03:00 PST 2004

I seem to remember that I was once able to shred files from within
Konqueror using a menu command that appeared underneath the "Move to
Trash" and "Delete" commands.  However, I just upgraded to KDE 3.2.1,
and the command seems to have disappeared from the "Edit" menu.  That
means that I have to shred files using the command line, which can be
rather inconvenient (and I can't just move the files to the Trash and
then shred the Trash because the Trash folder is on a different
partition).

Does anyone know how I can get the "Shred" command back, short of
reverting to KDE 3.1?

--
Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net>