[NBLUG/talk] Weird cron message

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Fri May 21 08:35:02 PDT 2004

I think it may be cyclops or the sirens....

Nah, logrotate is cowardly refusing to run the logrotate script for ClamAV
daemon, which scans your E-mail or files for viruses.  Do you run ClamAV?  It
really works well for me.

I would imagine if you remove the dpkg-dist suffix logrotate would happily
rotate your clamav log files for you.  Must be a Debian thing with the
suffix.  Read the  /etc/cron.daily/logrotate script and see how it is coded.

Usually logrotate scriptlets are found in /etc/logrotate.d/

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com