[NBLUG/talk] kernel modules.

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Sun May 23 20:05:37 PDT 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 03:58:18PM -0700, Steve Johnson wrote:
} That was the exact problem I had, so What I did was wrote a
} little shell script that unloaded the modules, stopped pcmcia support,
} then restarted it, and let cardmgr re-load the modules for the
} wireless card.. then I ifup eth1 (eth0 is my ethernet card)
}
} That fixes it, I put the script in the rc.local script (S99local) and all
} is happy, its a kludge fix, but it works, and got me up and running.

At one point my laptop had a similar problem.

In the /etc/rc5.d directory (fedora or redhat) change the
symlinks so that pcmcia is started before networking.  Each
service is started in order by the number in the name
S23network or whatever.  Move pcmcia to a lower number than
network.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us