[NBLUG/talk] ADMTEK 8211 driver for 2.6 kernel (FC2)

Andrew argonaut at softhome.net
Tue May 25 01:35:16 PDT 2004

Dave Sisley wrote on Mon, 24 May 2004 16:36:30 -0700:

> I've found links via google
> groups to this page:
>
> http://aluminum.sourmilk.net/adm8211/
>
> ...but it is just an index and if I download the latest
> bz-ball, there's no real documentation.  Running make on the
> un-tarred ball isn't working.

Well, the sourmilk.net module *is* beta. Why don't you contact
the developer and let him know exactly how make is failing. It'll
help him fix the problem, which will, in turn, get you a working
kernel module. And you'd be helping tens of thousands of
Linux-using ADMTek owners, as well.

In the meantime, maybe you could try using ndiswrapper
( http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/ ) with a Windows driver?
It's an ugly hack, to be sure, but it's probably better than
nothing.

Good luck.

A.