[NBLUG/talk] Debian and Apt question

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 09:33:34 PST 2004

Is there a way to make apt-get exclude a package when doing an update?
 I ended up compiling an app by hand, and when I tried to remove teh
debian installed version it removed other stuff that I wanted to keep,
so I left it on the system.  But... now when I do an apt-get update &&
apt-get upgrade the package is listed there as an upgrade to install,
and its going to clobber my hand compiled version.

So I need to exclude it.  Any ideas?

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu