[NBLUG/talk] SSH not letting me login

micxz at micxz.net micxz at micxz.net
Wed Nov 3 12:56:48 PST 2004

Thanks Dave'

The permissions are the same as the users I can login with. This is only
happening with my user.

I don't have a secure and don't see anything odd in messages or warn. Checked
syslog.conf and no mention of secure in there. Perms are "rwxr-xr-x" for most
all users home dir.

drwxr-xr-x   12 finn     users         832 Nov  3 12:34 finn
drwxr-xr-x    7 greg     users         536 Oct  7 13:00 greg
drwxr-xr-x    7 jason    users         608 Nov  2 21:49 jason
drwxr-xr-x   56 micxz    users        3216 Nov  3 12:30 micxz
drwxr-xr-x    7 shawna   users         568 Sep 28 16:14 shawna
drwxr-xr-x    9 yam      users         888 Jul 11 15:17 yam

I just don't know waht to do next. Remove my user and add him again?, I'm
thinking. But I don't want to have to recreate my whole home dir ~.

OK, I just rebooted. Turns out I cannot login locally anymore with my user at
all. I cant get a desktop or a shell. This means the user is not working at all
anymore! what-so-ever. Argh!

Nothing in the logs except:
Nov  3 13:03:24 neptune sshd[4080]: Failed keyboard-interactive/pam for micxz
from ::1 port 1070 ssh2
Nov  3 13:03:27 neptune sshd[4080]: Failed password for micxz from ::1 port
1070 ssh2

--
Micxz