[NBLUG/talk] Linux and Disk Quotas

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 10:13:46 PST 2004

I'm thinking about turning on disk quotas on a system I run, but the
problem is that, now that most distros give each user their own group,
I'm not sure how to setup a default quota.

In the old days I would just setup the group quota for the users
group, and be done with it, but now there isn't a common group that
all the users are in.

What my question is, is there a qay to setup a default quota with out
having to use a group?

Thanks for any help.

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu