[NBLUG/talk] Laptop Distro

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 11:15:35 PST 2004

I was wondering what your opinions on laptop distros of linux were.  I
have a Dell 5100 Laptop and I want to put linux on it (again).  Before
I had FC2 on it, and it seemed to work fairly well.  So I was going to
install FC3 on it, then I read on the fedoraforum.org site, that C3 is
having problems on laptops.

Basicly, I'm looking for a distro that right from the install will
support the Broadcom nic, the Linksys Wireless card, and the winmodem.
 With out much config hassels.

Any opinions?

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu