[NBLUG/talk] MPlayer with AA

troy fryman at sonic.net
Thu Oct 28 14:34:24 PDT 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 09:28:04AM -0700, A'fish'ionado wrote:
> Now, to see if I can get caca installed and running. :-) Though, when
> I hit their site, I noticed this line:

Holy crap ;-) I had no idea this existed.  Caca is a very cool library.
I highly recommend watching the Animatrix under libcaca!

> "I am not aware of an MPlayer patch yet (but you should not be using
> MPlayer anyway, because it sucks)."
>
> Anybody know offhand what the heck this is about? Can't hurt to dl the
> development libraries and try building mplayer with it, though.

I don't know what it's about, but in general, I've been using xine-based
media players these days because the Debian mplayer packages have become
unreliable here.  Nothing beats mplayer for flexability, but Kaffeine
using the xine engine seems to do a good job of most of my everyday
video-watching.

-troy