[NBLUG/talk] USB WiFi modems

R C Smith rcsmithkd6fvi at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 08:39:17 PDT 2004

So far I made this much progress (?).
I went to the big list (AbloluteValue Systems linux-wlan.com) of WiFi modems found mine:
    AirVast USB module WM168 Prism 2,2.5,3 chip no linux drivers listed no other usb module listed.
    Browsed list usb modems with Prism2,2.5,3 use linux wlan-ng. So I got wlan-ng for 2.4 & 2.6 debian for Knoppix.
The site said after installing use modconf, so I tried this to see if either was allready installed nothing showed up. Then used Kpackage manager and it says that both packages are there and installed.
I am now lost. I have another sacrifical computer with a pci wireless that I can put Knoppix on the HD.
I am not sure what "installed" means in terms of a live CD need to check my assumptions.
Kyle when is your book due out? It would probably clear up much.
Bob Smith