[NBLUG/talk] Linux and LDAP

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Wed Sep 29 19:13:57 PDT 2004

I have done quite a bit of reading on this lately.  This would be a Linux
Client Domain member.

You could use two solutions that I know of;

1.  Samba 3 & Winbind - Michael Lane mentioned this solution too.  UID and GID
is consistent on the Domain Member servers but differs from the ID's on the
Domain Controllers.

2.  PADL, PAM and LDAP - UID and GID of users will be globally consistent on
Domain Members as well as Domain Controllers.

	http://www.padl.com
	http://www.padl.com/Articles/ActiveDirectoryandtheNISL.html

I just finished a really good practical textbook for Samba that has ALOT of
very good practical examples and ideas;

Samba-3 By Example, Practical Exercises for Sucessful Deployment
by John Terpstra

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com