[NBLUG/talk] "Stealth'ing" *NIX into a MS-Win shop...?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Dec 14 16:15:46 PST 2005

It seems to me that the first task you need to do is find out what the
server is doing for the users. Some possiblities are file serving, mail
serving, autentication and database serving. There are many other
possiblities. Only at that point can even think about running mirror
services under *ix.

AFAIK samba is really only for file serving, but they may have expanded
it's role since I last set up a samaba server.

Without knowing what you want the server to do, nobody here will be able
to help you do it.