[NBLUG/talk] Setting up X on a secondary video card

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 27 22:07:22 PST 2005

On Tuesday 27 December 2005 09:58 pm, thiessen at sonic.net wrote:
> (1)  Does your xorg.conf file really read:
>
>          BusID           "PCI:1:13:0"
>
> When "X -scanpci" tells you that the card is at 0:13:0  ?

It seems that I typed in the wrong BusID.  I corrected the BusID and it
worked.

Almost feels like I temporarily forgot how to read...

> (2)  I don't know how well the vga driver plays with the TNT2 video card.
>      Try the "nv" driver instead.

I can tell you now that it plays well, although since it *is* the vga driver,
the results are rather unimpressive.  I will experiment with the nv driver,
though.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Don't you wish you had more energy... or less ambition?

/~\  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    No HTML/RTF in email
 X     No Word docs in email
/ \  Respect for open standards