[NBLUG/talk] System Message

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Thu Feb 17 16:26:40 PST 2005

I found a book on the subject and the Apples actualy had a decent built in
semi-assembly thing called the system monitor. It would actually list your
code in assebly (not very complexly). You'd have to put it in in straight
hex format though. I was playing arround with this in 83 or so and didn't
take assembly until about 86. A friend (same one with the hard drive
fiasco) and I were trying to make a custom DOS with the file index on a
different track. Then we were making a machine code program that ran on
boot with a password entry. So if you didn't boot the disk and type in the
password the disk appeared to be corrupt or unformatted. I think we got it
working but then found it too clumbersome to actually have much use for.
Also anyone with as much skill as us could have gotten arround it pretty
quick.