[NBLUG/talk] Mounting a drive using Fedora 3

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sun Feb 20 14:30:39 PST 2005

Lincoln -

Here is file system table:

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrom            auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

I do remember seeing that Fedora is using a virtual system for the
files, but I cannot remember the terminology nor do I remember where the
docs are located or the man page.  "VolGroup00" contains symbolic
pointers to other directories, but I do not want to screw things up
without understanding how the new virtual system works.

Todd