[NBLUG/talk] Best wireless card

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Sat Jan 1 20:54:59 PST 2005

Well, I have been through my share of wireless cards....  I am using two at
the moment in my laptops.  Orinoco Gold and Linksys WPC11 v3,  hell, I can
interchange them on my Fedora Core 3 laptop and they both work, picking up
where the other left off without a hitch.  I also own a couple PCI wireless
cards, the one I chose for the Linux box was the Netgear MA 311.

Sorry, the whole house in on 802.11b, no g here.

Take your pick, but it is best to stay with prism chipsets if you can find
them.  You can pick up WPC11 v3 on E-bay sometimes.

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com