[NBLUG/talk] httpd problem

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Wed Jan 12 16:36:52 PST 2005

OK...yes I am embarrassed asking such a basic question, but I have run
out of ideas!

Here is the problem:

I am trying to bring up my second server (play box) running Fedora 3.  I
have Apache up and running with the following settings:

Document directory: /home/httpd
Port: 8080  [do not want it to conflict with my other httpd server]

http://209.204.172.137:8080 tells me Apache is running

However with http://209.204.172.137:808/testphp.php or
http://209.204.172.137:8080/index.html I have a permissions problem.

/home/httpd is owner by "apache" with a group of "adm"
Permissions are 775

The same is true of the files in /home/httpd

I checked Apache and it is owned by "apache" and the group is "apache".

These appear to be the exact settings as is on my working server

Todd