[NBLUG/talk] KDE klipboard and "file:"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Mar 29 21:58:14 PST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 07:19:58PM -0800, Ross Thomas wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I've had a problem for some time and I'm finally serious enough
> about it to ask.  When I cut & paste something in the Konsole and
> it happens to contain the string "file:" anywhere in it, those 5 chars
> are removed when it is pasted.  Very annoying.

I don't normally run Klipper, but I just fired it up.
(I'm using KDE 3.3 in Debian Testing)

Unfortunately, I don't see this.  Copying from another Konsole
where I just typed out a string, it looks like it's pasting fine:

  file:abcd

> I've looked at Klipper & disabled all the actions and even added
> Konsole to the 'exception' list.  It still happens.

DOes it happen if Klipper itself is not running?

--
-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com         "I'm anticipating an all-out tactical