[NBLUG/talk] Firewall on a stick (diskette)

Tim Preston timp at sonic.net
Fri May 6 18:36:41 PDT 2005

Thanks for the info... now I need to test!

Hoping to find time this weekend to throw some time at it. If any of you
want to poke at it, let me know off-list. (It's not that I'm paranoid...
or anything) :| (I trust Windows! At work!)

Tim

Walter Hansen wrote:

 > I use firestarter, but I'm probably moving to a hardware router, mostly
 > for less wear and tear on the machine. I hear it whirr when I download
 > things. It seems to work well.

Robert C Haas wrote:

I use FREESCO (stands for FREE ciSCO). It incorporates firewalling and
NAT. more info is at http://www.freesco.org

I have been using it for a year. I recycled an old IBM Box, and I just
use two NIC cards, a stick of RAM, and a floppy drive. Zero downtime.
And its a simple setup and configuration. You can administer it through
your web browser easily, too.