[NBLUG/talk] Bluetooth?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri May 27 23:16:41 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 05:40:13PM -0700, Robert Hayes wrote:
> There is a very cool dongle I've lusted over (quietly, and chaste from afar)
> that plugs into the back of your printer. It's counterpart is a USB dongle
> similar in size and shape to a thumb sized solid state disk.

There's a similar device for the Sharp Zaurus.  It doesn't provide Bluetooth
capabilities to the Zaurus itself, it simply acts as a wireless alternative
to the USB cradle.

i.e., similar to the printer one you described above, you plug one end into
the Zaurus, and the other into your PC's USB port, and it's as if the Zaurus
is plugged into its USB cradle.  Just... no wires or cradle.

Never had any reason to get one. :^/

-bill!