[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 21:41:16 PST 2005

> I know you said that you're having trouble making it to the meetings,
> but if you can make it to the December 13th meeting, we'd love to have
> you on the panel to cover Ubuntu.  No pressure :)  Maybe we could even
> get you some extra credit for that speech class...

The meeting falls on finals week, but I'll tentatively agree. I've been
using Linux for what, two years now, but I still feel like a newbie around
everybody at the meetings. :-P

I'm a fan of Debian, but I don't know that I really know enough about it to
cover it. Actually, I could probably cover everything I know about Debian
right here:

aptitude (curses!)
Synaptic (gtk!)
apt-get install foo
apt-get update; apt-get upgrade
dpkg -i foo-1.0-i386.deb

:-)

Would it be helpful for me to bring my laptop that has Ubuntu and Debian
installed?

Cal, is your CD copier something portable enough to bring to the meeting, or
would I have to get the CDs to you earlier? I think I have some blank CDs on
a spindle somewhere, but I'm not sure where they are, I don't have labels
for them, and I don't have cases for the individual CDs.

William