[NBLUG/talk] personal server upgrade... strategy?

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Mon Oct 10 13:24:42 PDT 2005

On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 11:53:54AM -0700, A'fish'ionado wrote:
} > ##change your /etc/apt/sources.list from woody to sarge
}
}
} Can I hop in here and ask a newbie question? :-)
}
} It was never clear to me how to change releases in Debian, and the manpages
} haven't helped me. Could someone at least point me at some website that
} explains this?

What Eric said.  Also I set the default release in /etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Default-Release "sarge";

This way I can include testing, unstable, and stable in my sources.list
file.  It will default to sarge/stable, but I can load other versions of
particular packages using the -t option in apt-get. example:
apt-get -t testing install apache

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us