[NBLUG/talk] personal server upgrade... strategy?

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:25:46 PDT 2005

> So, in this example, you'd change "sarge" to "stable".

Alright. It seems like if it was that easy I'd have figured it out by now...
:-)

(it happens that at this point in time, sarge and stable are synonymous, so
> no actual change would occur from following this specific example -- in
> the
> future when etch becomes stable, with "stable" in your file, you'd
> automatically get etch at that point -- with "sarge" you'd continue
> getting
> the 'oldstable' that sarge became at that point)

My desktop *had* Sarge installed on it, but started pulling in packages from
Etch--so it must have been set to "unstable" instead of "Sarge" (I'd have to
walk to the other end of the house and turn it on to be sure). Maybe it's
just me, but some of the packages in Etch have been a little flaky
(Enlightenment in particular has been segfaulting a lot), and I've meant to
get the thing back on Sarge one of these days.

Thanks :-)
William