[NBLUG/talk] Tor tonight

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Wed Oct 12 12:26:21 PDT 2005

I think Aaron gave an excellent talk.  I was curious about comparisons
to similar technologies like I2P, for instance.

I think Aaron was right to point out that it's important that people
understand *why* someone would use an anonymizing service like Tor,
other than criminals and "tin-foil hats" as there are many applications
where it would be useful.

I'm also interested in the directory servers, which seem to be a point
of high-risk for failure (relative to the high redundancy in other parts
of the network).  How might a low-latency anonymizing network circumvent
this problem and what are the Tor developers considering as options?

Some of these questions would probably be answered by RTFMing a bit, I
know. :)  Feel free to answer all, or none, it's up to you, I won't be
offended. :)

- Chris Wagner