[NBLUG/talk]

Engel f_r_a_n_i_s at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 12 15:56:48 PDT 2005

Hi guys,
I'm running Kubuntu on my PIII/1gig Compaq that Chris
Wagner helped me install at the last 'fest.

Now that it's been awhile, I'm noticing that at
startup, there's a line that fails every time that
says the computer is trying to go online and check for
a time update from the ubuntu website during its
have to restart - or after it loads incorrectly I
can't go online on the network and I have to restart.

I'm told because NTP is hanging on boot, I need to
remove the ntpdate command from start-up.

Duh, remembering that I have little knowledge of names
of progs and lingo and will be searching around to
make sense of whatever you tell me anyway... How do I
remove that line of ntpdate from the start-up
sequence?

Thanks,
Franis