[NBLUG/talk] Debian on extended/logical partition

Rick ricklyb2 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 11:37:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm hoping to install Debian during the upcoming
installfest.  My hard drive currently contains three
primary partitions that are in use for other purposes.
 There is lots of remaining space to create an
extended partition, which can in turn be divided into
as many logical partitions as necessary.

The first partition contains FreeBSD, and uses the
FreeBSD boot loader to select among the remaining OSs.
 I would like to leave the current disk structure in
place, and load Debian into the logical partitions.  I
would be happy to replace the FreeBSD boot loader with
GRUB, if this is helpful or even desirable.

Is this possible?  In other words, will Debian run
properly if it is loaded into a logical partition?

Thanks,
Rick