[NBLUG/talk] Setting up X-10 home automation

Nat W. calvin166 at pseudoweb.net
Sat Sep 17 19:43:50 PDT 2005

Ya if you figured this out and could speak about it, that would be great,
I've been wanting something like this too.

-Nat W.
http://www.pseudoweb.net

On 8/20/05, Lincoln Peters <sampln at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I'd like to use my Linux box to control a few appliances in my house, such
as
> a lamp that I use as an alarm clock (my college schedule is too complex
for
> an ordinary appliance timer to handle).  Of course, being a home
automation
> technology that runs on Linux, I'm sure that once I've set it up, I'll
find
> more wild and crazy applications for it.

This would make a great presentation at NBLUG Lincoln.

If you get to the point where you think you could explain this to
others, consider sharing what you have learned with the rest of
the community in the form on a presentation to the group.

Remember speakers get their choice of two free O'Reilly books. :)

Augie.

- --
Registered Linux user #229905
GPG Public Key: http://www.schwer.us/schwer.asc