[NBLUG/talk] Suggestions for newbie Linux Person

David M. Schulz icdedppl at sonic.net
Wed Sep 28 19:08:12 PDT 2005

Slackware panties come with grass stains!

Linux Thong Link(TM) #3
http://www.cafepress.com/daretoslack.9922917

The distribution comes with hotplug support right off of the bootable CD.
You choose your preferred window manager at installation time, as well as
whether or not you would like CUPS installed.  Tons of popular apps for web
browsing, reading email, writing documents/spreadsheets are installed by
default.  Alas, I've never needed the system to start with a window manager.
I've always had my users login first.  The new Slackware distribution (10.x)
is great, much easier to use than the in the olden days (circa 3.1).

I don't think the panties really come with grass stains.  Still, if you
choose Slackware, you might get dirty.

Hee! Hee!
David