[NBLUG/talk] Anyone use Skype?

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Fri Aug 11 16:48:19 PDT 2006

Actually, having written and programmed telephony back when it was coal
powered, you probably DO want to run your own pbx in house.

There are some VERY nifty solid state 'appliances' out there that will handle
4-8 CO lines and 10-15 extensions. They are programmable through a single
extension and use a pc as a slave for voice recording.

That aside, asterix probably would be a great (read:*economical*) answer to a
small business of that size.

I'm sure there are some voip providers out there delivering what you're
looking for, the trick is going to be to balance the cost of sip phones or
other hardware they will want you to buy.