[NBLUG/talk] talk idea (backing up your system)

Aaron Grattafiori nite at sonic.net
Wed Feb 15 00:13:56 PST 2006

Nat W. wrote:

>This would be awesome. If you could also cover synchronizing files. Like for
>those of us who carry a small laptop for notes, writing, email, wardriving,
>etc. who want to sync their files with a main desktop machine.
>
>-Nat W.
>http://www.pseudoweb.net

Heh... synchronizing files between laptops/desktop/server is something
i'd love to know how to do. I really don't think I have time to figure
it out and then talk about it. I'd imaging rsync though
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync

If you, or anyone else figures file synchronizing out... please post.
My talk really would just talk about backing up using tar, bzip, dump,
rsync, other tools for making images and creating directory backups and
all that kinda stuff...

- Aaron