[NBLUG/talk] FW: Linux Job Opportunity

E Frank Ball frankb at efball.com
Thu Feb 23 17:27:27 PST 2006

-----Original Message-----
Subject: Linux Job Opportunity
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:21:05 -0800
From: Aaron Baalbergen <abaalbergen at monstercable.com>

Monster Cable is building a revolutionary new set top box that
incorporates a media server/player, PVR, and whole-house automation.
The product has already been developed; all the back-end coding is done.
We have partnerships and distribution in place.  Now we need to assemble
a top-notch team to work on the user interface and usability, the design
and sound, and also quality assurance and focus groups, working out of
our offices near SFO airport.  We are very committed to this product and
want to get the best team possible so that users bond with our product
like they do with iPod or TiVo.

Because we want to get our first version out the door in 8 months, our
team will initially be working a lot with outside consultants and
contractors.  After the first version is out we will likely want to do
more of the work in-house, relying less on outside consultants.

We need a linux guru with expertise in embedded systems.  The hardware
platform is an embedded Linux set top box, much like a TiVo.  We have a
strong team of C++ developers already in another office.  What we need
in this office is someone who can work with the hardware engineers to
resolve any software/driver issues and do troubleshooting.

We are looking for ambitious, senior-level team players.  We will
provide good compensation and benefits.  Both working as an employee as
well as a freelancer are options, although employees are preferred.
And, since this is a totally new division for Monster, it's a chance to
get in on the ground floor and have a real impact, while at the same
time have the comfort of working with a well-established, highly
profitable, 28-year old company.

Please contact Aaron Baalbergen at abaalbergen at monstercable.com if you
are interested.  Emails should include "Job Opportunities" in the
subject line.