[NBLUG/talk] My Linux alarm clock

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 17 10:48:49 PST 2006

On Mon, Jan 16, 2006 at 10:43:16PM -0800, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> Yet another cool project that demonstrates why Linux rules...

Cool indeed.  However, isn't there an alarm clock plugin you can get
for amaroK? :)

Recently, I installed the joystick control plugin, and can play/pause,
vol. up/down, and prev/next-track using my old WICO joystick from my
Atari days (it's connected to USB via a Stelladapter).  No longer must I
turn on my monitor, unlock my X screensaver, and fiddle with the mouse to
control my music.

(Also useful if I'm using the Mac, which would involve KVM, unlock, and
fiddle with mouse.  Seems like a lot to do just to pause a song ;^) )

BTW, amaroK uses GetHotNewStuff, so it should be easy to find these plugins
and download them, right from within amaroK. :)

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel