[NBLUG/talk] My Linux alarm clock

Aaron Grattafiori nite at sonic.net
Tue Jan 17 13:32:37 PST 2006

>>mpg123/mplayer/beep media player (http://beepmp.sourceforge.net/)
>>would've worked good for this too... but as troy said, using the 'at'
>>command and xmms is best...
>>

>My only problem with this is that "at" needs to be reset every day; "cron"
>doesn't.

Yeah.. but you could have a shell script that cron runs that uses the
"at" command.
Or, we could all realise this, like programming and *nix, has many ways
to do the same thing.

>Do you have k3b installed?  Just listen to the WAV file it installed
>at /usr/share/sounds/k3b_success1.wav and see if THAT would wake you up!

No, I don't have K3b installed, nor run KDE (I am excited about KDE4
though).
Maybe you could upload that file? (or convert it to an mp3 first and
email it)...
I looked a bit on google but didn't find it easily.

 -Aaron