[NBLUG/talk] Linux for media player system

Scott Doty scott at corp.sonic.net
Fri Jun 16 09:10:11 PDT 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 09:27:58AM -0700, Jose I. Sanchez wrote:
> Sooooooo ..... does anyone have recommendations for a distro and program
> package that would best fill my needs?

Distro suggestion:  Fedora Core w/livna and atrpm repositories configured...

Program suggestion:  MythTV (which does a lot more than "tv" -- it's very
much like Microsoft's "media center" program, and even has a "media center"
skin...)

Getting all that in an embedded system might be a challenge, though...

Also:  not sure if Linux's bluetooth system includes support for bt kbds,
but I would surprised if it didn't...

 -Scott