[NBLUG/talk] Installing Debian or Other GNU

Howard howardas at pacbell.net
Wed Jun 28 04:11:37 PDT 2006

Asus A7V8X Motherboard with PC2700 memory. I believe that is 266 FSB.

The board has the following
Via KT400 Northbridge Chipset
Via  VT8235 Southbridge Chipset supports 2 Channel ATA 13 Bus IDE, 6 USB
2.0,AC97, & PCI 2.2
Promise Raid Controller PDC20276 supports one ATA 133 & 2 SATA IDE's.
Realtek 6 Chanel Codec Sound with S/PDIF in/out interface
Broadcom 10/100 Ethernet
Via 1394 Firewire Port

Installed components are
Nvidia Geoforce 2 GTS video card with 32Mb
Adaptec 2940U SCSI
Plextor 10/12/40 SCSI Burner
Toshiba DVD ROM Secondary Slave
Seagate 120 Gig Drive Primary (Windows XP )
Western Digital 13.5 Gig Secondary (Red Hat)

Epson 1640SU SCSI Scanner
HP 115 Photosmart Printer
Linksys 2.4 GHZ Wireless Bridge hooked to a Linksys 5 Port Switch to the
Ethernet. I
get my DSL from my neighbors next door.