[NBLUG/talk] on-board NIC problem

Sean seanvanco at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 13:08:46 PDT 2006

I am attempting to get the NIC for my new Mandriva Linux box working,
but I seem to be unable to. My motherboard is a,  ECS C19-A SLI (1.0A)
Socket T (LGA 775), using the Marvell 88E1115 on-board NIC. If need be
I can install a PCI NIC that is known to be automatically recognized
by Linux.

So far I have been unable to find any Linux drivers for this, although
I do know that it works under a Gentoo box that is used by a friend of
mine. I was told that running "modprobe -m forcedeth" would cause it
to work, but nothing happened. The device does not show up under the
device list (/dev).

I am not new to Linux, but I have always been a little shy on my
driver / hardware functionality skills.

Thank you in advance,

Sean