[NBLUG/talk] command line search/replace

Barry Stump barry.stump at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 16:26:41 PST 2006

Hi all--

I have a situation where I wish to replace one string with another in
a project that is comprised of several hundred code files in several
directories.  The thing is, I would like to be asked confirmation (and
shown some context) for each match, as I suspect some matches need to
be left alone.  Are there any command line gurus here who can show me
how to make a find/grep/sed combo interactive, or shall I open all
matching files in vim and use :%s/this/that/gc on every buffer?  Any
other ideas?

-Barry