[NBLUG/talk] Re: [SoCoSA/discuss] Single Board Computers backplane

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Sat Sep 16 05:00:35 PDT 2006

> Anybody know any local places to get these? They are for servers and are
> an entire motherboard on a card. Usually a very large card. We've got
> problems with one and a swap in replacement would do the trick.

I ended up finding a new unit down in Milpitas and had it couriered up
here. The company is called Advantech and they manufacture all sorts of
specialty mother boards and such. We went from a Pentium 233 to a Celeron
2g (like it will ever even use that much power). I'm going to sugest we
purchase a backup board to keep on hand. It was only about $650.

I think I've spent 4 or 5 hours at home over the last several days. It'll
be a nice paycheck next week though.