[NBLUG/talk] Linux Questions for next month's talk

Dave Sisley dsisley at sonic.net
Fri Mar 2 19:03:51 PST 2007

Chris Wagner wrote:
> This is really good feedback, IMHO.  This sounds like it could turn into
> a series of presentations and would probably need to tap several
> speakers.  I'm willing to speak to at least one or two of those topics.
> Sounds like a good opportunity to advertise NBLUG and get a few more
> converts. :)  I know that my dad, for one, would likely be interested.
>
> One topic you don't hit upon is multimedia, such as video and sound
> playback, video/sound editing, etc..  I might be willing to cover some
> ground here, though it is a bit of a landmine topic.
>
> - Chris

I was going to point out that a lot of folks have trouble playing music
out-of-the-box with a fresh install, and we should maybe touch on that.
The other suggestion I would second is the cross-platform document
sharing issue.  In my experience at work, it means setting people up so
that their OpenOffice install will automatically save in .doc and .xls
formats, so that they don't accidentally send a native OO formatted
document to the less enlightened.

-dave.

--
Dave Sisley