[NBLUG/talk] newbie

Paul Peterson subrosa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 08:27:00 PDT 2007

http://www.linuxprinting.org/printer_list.cgi

That is basically the master list for printers.

and here is the entry for your printer :

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-PhotoSmart_C3180

Works perfectly, which is a good sign.

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_driver.cgi?driver=hpijs&fromprinter=HP-PhotoSmart_C3180

Some good data on the hplip driver (offical hp printer driver)

http://www.linuxprinting.org/ppd-o-matic.cgi?driver=hpijs&printer=HP-PhotoSmart_C3100&.submit=Generate+PPD+file&show=1&.cgifields=show&.cgifields=shortgui

Direct link for the PPD file (printer driver) go to file save-as and
then like c3100.ppd. Then you should be able to download and hit
"install driver" in the gnome gui. However your version of cups should
already support this class of printer, don't worry about the 80
variation. If this still doesn't work, lug it on down to the
installfest on Saturday :)

-Paul