[NBLUG/talk] Re: Installfest - Sat. 3/17

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 11:24:47 PDT 2007

> With ribbon cables, backwards/forewards doesn't matter much. Big thing
> to check, though, is if you plugged it in upside-down.

That's what I actually meant. :-)

> I've done that
> one before. Needle-nose pliers help with the pins in that case. ~.^
> Also, at that age, try putting the CDROM on a separate data channel if
> you can. The mobo might not support dual-channel IDE cables. No idea
> though, as my first PC was a pentium 166.

Maybe I should elaborate: The drive *used* to work fine in the
machine. I bought one CD-ROM drive, and was swapping it between the
two machines depending on what I needed it for. One day I got
careless, and lost track of which way I had the cable turned. :-P

Anyway, thanks for the info, everybody. I look again when I get home. :-)

William