[NBLUG/talk] Office package for Linux & Apple environs?

William Tracy afishionado at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 15:06:18 PDT 2007

> "Weird internal politics"?  That got my attention!  Like what?  And where should
> I look to find out more?

Actually, I would like to know more myself. All I've been running into
are occasional hints in blogs and articles about something deeper. The
most specific post I've found is this one:

http://ask.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=227959&cid=18472835

Even within OO.o proper, I'm hearing that there's some fighting
between people that want to keep complete backwards compatibility with
the original StarOffice in the user interface, and those who want the
program to run more like MS Office.

This is why we still have such wonderful things as the "This file uses
feature that may not be supported in <insert format name>. Would you
like to save in <the OO.o format> instead?" dialog box. I hate that
thing. :-P

> Best wishes,
> Eric S.
> http://www.santarosa.edu/cis/eric

You know, I almost took a networking class from you once, but the
class got canceled. :-(

William