[NBLUG/talk] php5 apache2 WON'T DIE

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Sat May 19 13:46:20 PDT 2007

I got stuck in an upgrade wormhole and ended up finding that php5 has bugs
that won't allow egroupware to run properly.

I'm running knoppix.

I removed apache2, and php5, installed apache (1.3) and php4, and php5 and
apache2 keep coming up.

I've ripped the directories out by the roots manually from a console. They
still keep coming up.

Years ago I went on vacation for a week and left my VW parked next to some
kudzu vine. When I came home six days later the kudzu had crawled up the
tires, over the fenders and the two sides were weaving together across the
hood.

That was funny. This isn't.

Any guidance, please.

TIA